Friday, August 6, 2010

Hume.

As most of you know I've been going to Hume Lake for my whole life. Every summer our family goes up and spends a week at the lake and it's a ton of fun. I love my family so much. But more recently I've been going to the camps up at Hume and so I've been to Ponderosa, which is the big high school camp, 4 times. Guys conference once, and now I'm leaving for Wildwood on Sunday morning. At Ponderosa the camp is focused mainly on games and reaching out to either new or non believers. So the teaching is more a reminder, which is no doubt useful, but I'm ready for some new stuff or at least to be taught in new ways so i can continue to grow. And that is why I'm going to Wildwood. I've never been to this camp and have heard very little about it besides the fact that its only about 130 high schoolers instead of 1,000. And that it's not about games but discipleship. Which i am extremely excited for. Through this camp i hope to develop a deeper relationship with my Jesus and learn ways to reach out to others that need Him. But when i get back, I'll be sure to write all about what i learned and how the camp went. See you then.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...so you wrote what you HOPED to happend...but what HAPPENED?! You should post about it! :)

    ReplyDelete